Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Gasp!!

Cheesus Christ!!!


Who would have thought we would return after such long absence? Yes, of course, I did! I had quite some things on my mind and to be honest I was uncertain about the future of this blog. However, it never was the question whether I want to continue writing (I actually did quite a lot of writing recently, but not for this blog nor another than rather shortstorys.) I did a lot of thinking about how and what I want this blog to be. I came to the conclusion, that I still want to show you music that I like and which I think is stunning, but I do not want to focus on its "uniqueness" any more. Music always stays unique, even if you perform the same song over and over again, because the circumstances never are the same. Another reason is that the way music has an impact on somebody is dependent on the emotional state of that somebody. If I'm feeling happy because I had a great night drinking and having fun and start to write something about a song I just heard, this feeling might possibly apply to just the same kind of persons who were in the same state as I was; just to exaggerate a little bit *cough*.

What does that mean? It means I'm going to start showing "more profound" music which maybe doesn't have such a huge impacts. The music is still far better than average, still on the very top of my musical taste.

Back to business

When I started my day I didn't put on my music or anything. I didn't have the urge to do so when it suddenly hit me. An earworm out of the nowhere (I heard the british like this expression, which originates from Germany, pretty much. This is my contribution to the languagetransfer!)
I actually had no idea which song it was that was stuck in my head, I still don't. But the seed was planted and so I started looking for some Mad Caddies songs I've remembered from my good ol' Punk Rock and Ska times. However, I started digging up Youtube, blogs and forums as it is my nature and I found a band from - I was surprised - Germany. 
Speaking of surprise, I just remembered my food, cooking, since I started writing this post... Here a short lesson dear readers: Enthusiasm is dangerous! Ok.
The band is called Boxing Fox and consisted of 5 guys from Braunschweig. Unfortunately they disbanded in 2012. Nevertheless, their songs are good third wave ska and it's nice to follow the upbeat. As it's typical for ska it's good for dancing with some ease, and that's the way ska should be.

But I suggest you give it a try yourself!




If you like it - their album is available for free on their website!


Boxing Fox - Good Mood

No comments:

Post a Comment