Friday, August 30, 2013

Yet another half-baked heading

Hello everyone this is nexus-sound back with some more incredible music for you guys out there who are, without any doubt, eager to discover what I have for you this time! Now I've been thinking a lot about when the 90's will finally be coming back as we gain more and more distance to those times right before the millenium and I think that history and taste have been repeating themselves since FOREVER and it is unlikely to stop now. So yes, that indeed is the conclusion I made and I am actually quite sure about it so call me Nostradamus or a hipster or maybe both! However, as this is a blog about music and as I try NOT to spend too much time on evaluating what I should write, let me just get to the important stuff.

The band's name is Morphine and they existed pretty much only in that particular decade I was talking about before. Frontman Mark Sandman died 1999 and that was the end of the band until the other band members, so I heard, decided to revive it in 2007 but I do not consider it a serious reunion because in those past 6 years they haven't released a single album, yet, but surely there's none to come and they probably just ran out of money.
Nevertheless, back in the day they used to do some awesome type of music which was not too common and they sort of introduced the style "dreamrock". However, frontman Sandman used to call it "lowrock" which I think does not only sound way more cool but also resembles better the way their music sounds. Apart from the usual instruments that are used in a rock band, like bass and drums, they tend not to use a guitar and a saxophone instead, creating a blues-ish spirit.
I hope you guys enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment