Monday, June 1, 2015

Rakastan suomisaundi

I hope you all have had a pleasant time including awesome music since I last wrote. From now it will only get even better!

Today is going to be the day I return to bring exceptional music to your body and soul. And to show that I really mean it, I dug up something that's been in my Favourites list for quite a while but that didn't make it into this blog yet.

To be honest, I found tons of excuisite material. More than I can cover.

This time our journey brings us to Finland to a fella whose name is Jere Häkkinen. He is an original founder of the label Freakdance Records. There they release music from creators of the suomisaundi genre like Puoskari or Luomuhappo.

Wait, suomisawhat? Like you, I did not have any idea of what this is, what it sounds like and what it's overall supposed to be. I was told that it is a mixture of finnish electro psychedelic music and since I am a kind of curious guy I decided to look out for it. As always it did not take very long and I found out that suomisaundi is described as finnish psy trance that was inspired by Goa in the mid 90's.
I had absolutely no clue what it would sound like since my thoughts connected to Goa don't leave any room for temperatures below 24°C and endless nights paired with the grim finnish spirit.
I was totally biased since I only knew the finnish metal scene.
However, I always leave enough room to get (pleasantly) surprised. After doing some research, and also due to not giving up too early, I found the already mentioned Jere Häkkinen and his project Luomuhappo.


When I listened to this song I immediately thought: This is exactly what this strange mixture of different styles and culture has to sound like! The very relaxed rythm carries you far enough to keep on listening closely. The melodies tell stories of mythical forests where fairies and trolls dance. And all you do is to float over this scenery, being the silent watcher, breathing in tree pollen that shine in the golden sun light. The melodies jump up and down, sway back and forth and I check and realise I do the same. This song creates an amazing atmosphere. It has a very natural feeling to it.
Suomisaundi definitely manages to set itself apart from other Goa or Trance related music.
I am sure there are many occasions where you can listen to it, maybe except for busy places like the office or downtown. But then again, maybe it helps you escape from stress and ill feelings?
Whatever you end up doing, listen to it and give me you thoughts on this one and last but not least,
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment